Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Life is a maze, love is a riddle


Mayans believed time is round
when humanity is heaven bound
five minutes remaining on the clock
time ticking way
I'm at the dock
dipping my feet in the winter river stream
testing the water
before jumping in
I will not scream, I have no fear
knowing that our end is near
I tried, perhaps, with some regret
to lose my pride
now wide awake


With a second chance I must be true, in life, as well as in romance
Before I knew me I was blind, but my eyes have opened
now I see fine, just as you see through me, easily

We are nothing more than a human stain in wild dreams of hope and pain
 Like you, I learn from every moment, everyone I meet and love
I learn to love and how to be loved, I believe in destiny
Perhaps, in some silly way, it's my own personal victory

No comments:

Post a Comment