Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waterfall

for my daddy ♥ 
( February 13, 1947 - September 1, 2004 )


WATERFALL
 
Lost in the world, feeling all alone
aching, as his will is gone
cancer strikes, yet, he battles on!

A warrior.
A champion!

Iron-clad chains weigh him down, masquerading as sacrifice
Yet, hope remains where sweet love reigns ...
He gave me my big beautiful blue eyes 
 I wish to see him smile again

I come to realize
I am an immigrant child in his paradise
I kneel to humbly dare to pray
confused about what to say, I ask for help, soaked in guilt
thriving, in a world he built

Please stay, stay, I dare say

Thinking back to when life was fair
the woods, the rivers … our precious past, our joyful days, sweet memories that last…
I now see, how much he longs to be the way he was, when young and strong, a gushing bull of energy

Standing tall, I understood, why once an oak, he barely could
why his river turned a waterfall
why I long to love him after all

Perhaps, on this very quiet night
he, sitting by the lonely light
will take me back to a time I miss, when wrong made good with a simple kiss
Perhaps, he'll think about that time
when the world was his and he was none, but mine ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment