Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thief!


RG

Thief! 
That very heart you steal is but a figment!
It's not real!
It's not a declaration of my love, when you take my heart against my will!
I drop a tear.
My heart grows cold, dies
 
Steady pulse draws to a halt, overlapping beats, exhaust....
No longer ticking/toking at its cost
Your heart grew fonder, while my heart paused
Have we wasted love?
I wonder...
 
On this forbidden morning I am lost

Too much of my love dwells in your possession
Too much of your love turned into obsession
Say it, you desperate, wretched villain! Say it!
Basking in affection, sitting on your throne!

Should my remaining zest be spent on cruel men of your sort?
Deep love as was my own?
Or will you, uncanny pile of darkness, once more rip apart my world? 
Then to the devil with you, bastard!
Heartless! Gutless! Cold!

I recollect my thoughts on Love, seeking guidance up above.
Oh, come new dawn!
Approach me!
Slap me in my face!
Let some new love scorch me!
Transplant a new heart in my old heart's place!

When I close my eyes each night
I pray for a more meaningful new sight than this old carried, when you filled my cup with stones.
They, so deeply buried, cut into my bones
I bled, I'm bleeding still
With these heavy rocks, set in my lower deck, I am sinking deeper, tired, feeling used.
Sprinkle on sandy beaches just to change my mood
(laughter) blinded by love, oh, this is wild....I'm so confused!

I really thought it was a figment when you stole, but no, the first is real and now
for ever more
you are the only way I heal

In two dark souls I must discover light.
Come strength, hold me, I am weak
Instead of leaving you, I ask you my dear Love: "Is this all that you have taken? Do you want more when we awaken?"

( inspired by John Donne's Valediction and a few movies ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment