Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wait for Me, My Love

Original version:

The kettle and the tea
Sea of happiness
Old slippers, side by side
His favorite velvet dress
Heaven turned to hell
Be with me he cried
Coming! Replied my empty shell, just before I died
Buried in Love, hand in hand, it's happiness enough
We fly across this land
Inseparable souls
A much needed relief
Indeed, we are dead, but finally, we live

Second version:

The kettle and the tea in sea of happiness
 Old slippers, side by side
 her favorite velvet dress

 Their heaven turned to hell
 "Be with me!" he cried
 "I promise" replied her empty shell, just before he died

  Decades later, still apart, aching with her wounded heart
  she kept her promise when she followed love
 
  Now happiness, when hand in hand, the inseparable souls fly across this land
  in much needed relief

  "Indeed, we are dead, but finally, we live!"


No comments:

Post a Comment