Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Toast!

Our living room sofa is old and worn, why mom wanted leather, I can’t say...
I'm comfortable at home, I feel serene, in a warm blanket, sipping vine, listening to an evergreen
 





It's a first night into a New Year’s day and I'm finally free of my daily grind,
at least over the holidays

Now, admiring our Christmas tree,  brightly twinkling back at me,
decorated in memories, bought, received and found,
embedded in my brain by color, taste and sound
I'm thinking, where will I be a year from now?
 
Four years ago I had a father, now it’s just mum and I somehow...
My little brother is getting married! It’s true, I suppose, life goes on.... I don't know much, but I know one thing: Whatever we expect from life, whatever it may be, we must believe in something, so I
believe ... I believe in me.

Here, here! I'll drink to that on this glitzy night!
Shine on Christmass tree! Shine on sweet moonlight!

I shall do my very best ‘til next year, when once again I rest next to a brand new tree, making another silly wish and foolishly, I'll wish I were a fish!
 
If only I could dwell upon the mighty ocean waves!
Flipping my long tail, making a big ol' splash! Oh, yes!
Covered in scales, but I guess who cares, when I'm glistening and gliding in the air...in and out of water, free from all restrain! Rejoicing, ignorant of pain…
God, why have I never known such bliss? Why have I never felt as free?
Can it really be so easy, that with a little fantasy, there can be a brand new me! Well, if it's such an easy task, what on Earth am I waiting for? I'll pretend it's next year now!
Forget 2008, here’s to 2009! (gulp, gulp, gulp)  ... hoping that my special wish comes true somehow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment